View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Shorthanded Omaha hand

Anytime you have a small pocket pair in your hand, you're losing half of its potential. This is fine in a ring game, where you are looking to hit the pair, or the other offerings in the hand, or get out. In SH, you are looking to make two pair kind of hands to win and this tiny pair makes that very much harder. I would rather have any other card in the hand than that additional 4, in which case I will of course raise.

I might raise with the hand in question as well, but on the drive home feel less good about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Except for rare places and venues, cash games inthe UK are notoriously shallow. It's not unusual to have a £2 blind game with a £50 or £100 buyin and the whole table buys in for the minimum. Back in the 90s I played in a fairly well known £5-£5 game, which was home to occassional appearences from what are now WCP. And yet the buyin was £200 with additional rebuys allowed of just £100. And although it wasn't rare for someone to just plonk 1k down, it was unusual. And no one ever put down, say £5k.

cheers

dd