View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Neighbor wasnt protecting his cards... i feel so dirty. (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Im a very proficient player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt it but I do have some comments on your play.

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like he has something like 98o, 97o, or 87o. I have AJo and limp along also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why no raise? Also, as Sossman pointed out, this is the WORST river bet in history and then you called the checkraise!

[ QUOTE ]
The river is the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] completing his straight, but also putting 4 hearts on the board. I check to see if i have a heart and i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hadn't you checked when there were three hearts on board on the turn? Also, no-one is going be overly suspicious if you go four bets with the second nut flush against a guy like this.

[ QUOTE ]
On another hand, he had 86o and I limped with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . The flop was 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bet out and i had odds to call so i did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you had odds to call! Why do you feel the need to justify this? You have two overcards and the nut flush draw as well as a higher straight redraw if the straight gets there and your flush doesn't.

It's actions and remarks like these which make me doubt your proficiency. Furthermore, I really think it's sneaky to deliberately move seats to look at someone's hands, give them no warning that they are exposing their cards and then take advantage of this. And then you have the audacity to post this on a messageboard seeking conformation that your actions were ethical and this is what people do in poker. Well you're not going to get it from me, I think your actions were wrong and that you know this. This is why I suggested that you can improve your winrate through playing better poker rather than through dishonesty and inappropriate behaviour.