View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Controversy over symbols and racism .

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god Clark came into this thread to back up Evan with some common [censored] sense.

The South lost, get over it.

Also, why the hell are you supposed to be proud of something that attempted to tear the nation apart? Are you really that [censored] stupid to have pride in a bunch of rebels that attempted to destroy the US? Would this have been a good thing? Do you not like the country you're living in? Can you imagine what would have happened if southerners had won? We'd probably all be speaking Mexican or Canadian by now.

And all these people are the same "patriots" nowadays who claim the Blue staters are the unpatriotic assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed out of this discussion as long as possible, but I couldn't let this slide.

The South wasn't trying to tear apart the country, they were trying to fix it. Like it or not, as it relates to the Constitution, the South was correct and the Federalist North was incorrect. All powers not given to the US by the Constitution are reserved to the States. The Civil War was the catalist for the bloated bureaucracy of a Federal Government that we see today. The Founding Fathers would be appalled at our federal government.

I don't like my country, I LOVE IT!!! It is the greatest place in the world to live. But it/we could be a helluva lot better.

Had the South won, we would be speaking English. In California, you probably would be speaking Spanish. Oh wait, you already do.