View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: how not to do it, by elysium.

interesting post although i cringed when you wrote "i folded" on the flop.

i think its not a bad idea to call the flop raise and bet the turn since people w/ K/A of the suit can raise pretty clearly. if it was a faily passive game and you bet and it was called in 2 spots then raised and rereaised i think thats a fold. but here im seeing a non spade showdown in all likelihood.

had you not written that you folded i never would have even considered it an option.

as to a flop checkraise, it depends where you think the A would be...since ealy position limipers tend to be tighter than late position limpers i'd lay odds (albeit slim ones) that the As, if out there, would be in the early limper's hands (the "if out there" is a qeustion in and of itself though since the pot was unraised till it got to you unless its a very passive game). so the C'R idea isn't too good IMO unless you KNOW for some reason that the As is to your right somehow.

also, checking isn't too great b/c you may feel the need to fold for 2 back if its bet and raised where yous hould probably 3 bet...but i wouldn't want to put 3 bets here on this flop. against the limpers and the raises though, after you bet, you should definately call and its easy to give up when and if the spade hits.

-Barron