View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: interesting WPT tournament hand

Pro has a set, maybe KQ. I suppose it's possible that Pro could be holding KJ/KT/Kx (although those holdings seem less likely given hero's ROH and the stack sizes). It seems to me that Pro would not flat call ATF with 4 players yet to act on a board like that without having something big. If it were heads-up or 3-way the pro might call to take the pot from the weak-tightie, but with 4 players yet to act I think he has something that beats TPTK. I think Pro slow-plays a set here (less likely to slowplay top 2-pair) ATF and raises a marginal hand (to isolate against hero). I think hero should fold here despite the delicious pot odds.

If pro outplayed me here than I gotta give him credit for being ballsy enough to call into 4-opponents ATF and then to put in a big bet ATT when hero could have top set, second set, an overpair, or a hand too good to laydown. If pro did steal this pot with a worse hand then it was a very nice play, and I'd rather pay off a nice play than blow off most of my chips with TPTK in a 6-way pot.