View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Another Question For Protestants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Each of these instances has Jesus the messiah as its ultimate object of faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I won't comment any further on this because David said it best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will grant to you that I did not do a very good job of showing how the man Jesus of Nazareth was the object of the faith of those patriarchs. I stated it as a fact and did not provide fact to support the conclusion. So, here goes.

Let's start with Abraham. Gen 15:6 says that Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness. So God looked at Abraham and declared him righteous because of his faith. It was a forensic declaration made by God. So what was it that Abraham believed?

(Gal 3:16) Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, "And to offsprings," referring to many, but referring to one, "And to your offspring," who is Christ.

So scripture claims that the ultimate object of the faith of Abraham is Christ.

In the same way was the faith of Isaac and Jacob in the promise of God. Isaac and Jacob were Abraham's decendants through whom the promises to Abraham would be fulfilled. They believed God's promise and therefore blessed their sons. The same scripture that gives us the promises of God, claim that the object of the faith of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was the seed of Abraham, Christ. You may not buy it but that is scripture's claim.