View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Where is the money coming from in high stakes poker?

Something also I found out this weekend, the amount of hands you play in live is much smaller, it takes online players a while to figure out they are not long time winners, usually when you clear the 50k hand beating a level, you can consistently beat it, but to reach 50k hands live would take several months.

Which means people can play live just going up and down, up and down, never realizing, that they arent going to beat the level long term and move down. They could be playing 5/10 forever because it takes months of careful record keeping and what not. Most people dont do that, the average person will never realize they are long term losers.

Figured this out this weekend, because some old lady kept trying to get me to play more hands in a crazy high low game when I was getting crap, in her mind she was a long term winner, also she kept saying it, lol. I saw her play for several hours as I was folding a lot, and she could not be a long term winner the way she played, but she had never realized this.