View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: AA preflop with KQ on the board

The preflop raise is okay, but at the PS 5s, you can still get plenty of loose calls in levels 1-3. When I first started playing the 5s, I was making raises of 3-4 times the big blind when first in from EP, and routinely getting 3 or 4 callers. In the first three levels, I tend to mix it up between 4-6 or 4-7 BB now depending on the game, and still frequently get 1 or 2 callers. Of course, it's level 2 and this game still has 9 players, and no one's more than 500 chips away from where they started, so YMMV, or people apparently forgot they were playing a Stars 5+.5.

The turn raise is inconsistent with the flop check. If you thought you had the best hand then (when a card hit that would help a lot of hands that would've called preflop), you certainly had the best hand on the flop. Betting out here will get you a call from almost all kings, most queens, AJ/AT, some middle pairs people just can't get away from, and the occasional third pair with a gutshot flush draw. Also, in this kind of game, note that villain's bet/call on the turn is often indicative of some kind of draw. I would give some thought to folding on the river, but I personally get married to aces (leak), and would probably call it down, too.