View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 04:12 PM

Default The 2 Dell 19\" monitors....

With the 25% off flat panel coupons, and all the $40-50 stackable coupons out there now, I'm definitely going to take the plunge on an LCD and finally dump my CRT.

I know the 2001fp is the monitor of choice around here, mostly due to its multi-tabling capabilities. As much as I'd love to have 20" of LCD goodness, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that I should be spending $550 on something that I'm just playing poker and doing basic web/word applications on.

So I've moved my attention to the 19 inch models, which are very different in price from each other. Can anybody recommend one over the other? Is the quality of the display that much better on the more expensive model to justify the extra cost?

$329 for a 19-inch LCD seems like a damn good deal to me. I'll still have less overlap than I have on my computer now when I 3-table; and quite frankly, I've never minded at all that they overlap, so 1600x1200 isn't the end all and be all for me.

Did anybody else go with a 19-incher as a compromise? If so, which one? How's the quality? Should I get the E193 or the 1905?

Thanks.