View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Supplemental simutation data, A4XY hands, 9 handed

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what software you use to run this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Titans01 - I used Wilson's Turbo Omaha High-Low for Windows, Version 2. Copyright 1997-99 Wilson Software.

[ QUOTE ]
Also does someone have the data for all hands containing an ace and a wheel card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not.

The keyword is "all." If there are four different ranks of cards in the hand (no pairs, trips, or quads), then I think there are fifteen uniquely different ways for the hand to be suited. Let's see:

cdhs....("n" or "rainbow")
ccdh....
cdch....
cdhc....{"s" or single suited}
dcch....
dchc....
dhcc....
cccd....
ccdc....
cdcc....
dccc....
ccdd....
cdcd....
cddc....{"d" or double suited}
cccc....

I think that's all of them, but maybe I'm missing some. It would be pretty easy for me to not count something.

Let's check. There are 4*4*4*4 = 256 ways to choose four different ranks of cards. Let's check the list to see if the implied possibilities total 256.

cdhs....24
ccdh....24
cdch....24
cdhc....24
dcch....24
dchc....24
dhcc....24
cccd....12
ccdc....12
cdcc....12
dccc....12
ccdd....12
cdcd....12
cddc....12
cccc....4

24*7+12*7+4 = 168+84+4 = 256. Yep, looks like I got them all this time.

I bought a couple of different books with simulation tabulations in an attempt to save myself the time of running the sims myself. Bill Boston's book was one of the books I bought. But his book, though useful, didn't quite have what I wanted.

At any rate, considering all the possibilities, I doubt that anyone has the simulation data for all the uniquely different hands containing an ace and a wheel card.

But having them all is not necessary to know which ones to play. For example, if A23K-rainbow is playable, then all the suited and double suited varieties of A23K must also be playable.

Buzz