View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: is the rake at pokerroom network really worse than other networks?

For limit I'd not touch anything below 10/20.

The rake is especially brutal in the short handed games. For 5-max it's 1.75-2BB/100 per player higher than Party up to and including 3/6 short. If the table is shorter still the rake keeps raising at PR, as they give no discount for short tables. I'm not certain it's even possible to be a long term winner three-handed on the lower PR limits. (Atleast you'd be a 3BB/100 higher winner anywhere else...)

If you play a very tight NL game the effect will be lower. But I don't think anything below 2/4 is playable, and even that is probably stretching it a bit. If you're more akin to Doyle's LAGgy style you should probably not even touch the 3/6 NL games there.

If you feel some perverted need to play on PokerRoom for the love of god visit the Affiliates/Rakeback forum here and check out your options!

And this from someone who tries to be patriotic about his home town. (On Games, which provide the network and code for the PR-network is located in my town.) Just avoid these sleazy highway robbers.