View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Need some Tips for SNG Tournaments

Your post reminds me of myself a few months ago. The thing that helped me the most after i had decided to concentrate on SnGs was realising just how tight you have to play.

Read TPFAP and there are a couple of posts by William on this board which really helped me. The whole foundation of your play has i think got to be based around tight play. It's absolutely fundamental and is the start of becoming a winning player.

What to play is something that i thought about for a long time, limit, no limit, ring or tourney, SNG or multi. In the end i decided to play where i have the most fun and that is single table tourneys for me.

Learning when to bluff comes with experience. I personaly don't bother much until the late stages of the game. Think about when you fold to a raise. What cards would you have to have to call an all in on the bubble. Think about stack sizes. Nobody wants to go out but there comes a stage where you have so few chips that you have to call if you have a half decent hand. There are ocaisionaly times when you can raise and be almost certain that nobodies going to call unless they've got AA.

And there are some pretty clever people on here. I just kind of hang around, read their stuff and hopefully learn from it.

Good Luck

BK