Thread: Hmmm AJo hand
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Hmmm AJo hand

The scene: 2+2 table just a few minutes ago
The suspects: Good players
The hero: A donk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This hand may not look very interesting but I feel like there a quite a few things going on here. I'm the ass at the table with 2000 BB behind, and no one knows who I am since I changed my handle a few weeks ago. I have been playing close to the vest, but have been very tricky in the pots that I do enter. For example I coldcalled preflop with QQ, raised a 992 flop HU, bet-called (his check/raise) a turn blank and then raised an ace on the river (he folded to the river raise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

Party .5/1 (6 handed I think)

Folds to CO who limps. I have seen him do it with a lot of hands like K6s so this limp doesn't exactly set off alarms. A Carpal/Tunnel pops it up on the button and I just call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. BB calls as does the CO.

Flop (8 SB) - A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

All check to the CO who bets, button raises and I flat call. The BB folds as does the CO who bet the flop.

Turn (6 BB) - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I lead out and the button thinks a long time before calling.

River (8 BB) - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I think and lead...

What does he have? What do you think he did? Like/dislike?

There is a lot going on here, and I feel like it is spots like this that you have to understand as you move up since you face these HU situations more.

Cheers,
Brad