View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: I don\'t respond to donk bets well

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, it's very possible that I'm beat here. It's also possible that he has a middling pair looking to see if it's best or a flush draw trying for a cheap card or J9/J8 or QT, KQ etc...
What really screws w/ me on this hand is where I leave myself by folding (the blinds move pretty quick in this tourney, 15 min).

I folded and he didn't show. It just felt so weak at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear what you're saying about "feeling weak" but i think the fact that the player is so bad would actually make you feel better about folding. if it was a good/tricky player who bet out, i'd feel worse about folding because i'd be worried that i was being outplayed.

you've still got T3000 behind with 100/200 blinds and you've got a bunch of hands before you pay the blinds again ... i think you're in good enough shape that you don't need to panic, even with 15-min rounds.

btw, i understood your clarification of "donk bet" - didn't mean to make it seem like i thought you were calling me a "donk" ... i actually think leading into the pre-flop raiser is good play in limit too because it's so much harder to get bets into the pot in limit vs. no limit.