View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: TT facing 2 on the flop

If Mp3 is a reasonable player, he will have something like 99-AA or AK capping preflop.
AK ++ 99: 22 combinations

JJ-AA : 24 combinations.

This means that you are behind a bit more often than ahead PF. If he is not capping AK here, you are behind the vast majority of his range.
(AKs and 99 : 8 combinations vs 24).

UTG betting into two people who capped preflop after calling PF himself is a bit mysterious. He could be betting a flushdraw, OESD or something like an overplayed A8, but he might also have you beat with a set or a big slowplayed PP.

If you are ahead against a flush and AK, you will obviously at a minimum have to dodge clubs, A's and K's on the turn and river, giving your hand something like 50% chance to make it against the combined 15 outs your oppositions has, if my math is correct.

All in all, I thing you will win this hand no more than around 1/5 of the time, maybe less, and the chance of a continued raising war is obvious.

On the other hands, the pot is already massive, and it would be a disaster to fold the best hand.

All in all I guess this means I would 3-bet while expecting to loose. If this makes them both slow down, I would see a showdown unless an A falls. If the flop gets capped, I would have to fold to a turn bet, unless I get to close the action with a single bet and no scarecard falls.

I dont think folding on the flop would be a big mistake though.

Please forgive my rather long post - it indicates that I am not sure what to do here myself :-).
I am interested in your comments.