Thread: Super System II
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Super System II

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an anomaly, but most of the money I've won over the years has come from games other than limit hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not the only anomaly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Ray has said that the real money is to be made at other games, and while I haven't made what Ray would consider real money, I tend to agree with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual Ray is on the money. I think in a thread a while back started by Fossilman, there were a few respective poker authorities who delved into the game of Chinese Poker. Currently there is only one book on the subject, but that piece of literature is enough for a solid Chinese poker player to run over most games because a skilled player ultimately dominates a less skilled player.

The same can also be said for a game like Showhand. It's actually NL 5 card stud. What I like about this game is the ability to make bold heavy bets. Again there is more skill involved.

It's not hard to conceive that limit hold'em is by far the popular choice because it's much easier to learn and the mark of luck involved attracts far more recreational players without having them go bust.