Thread: What are...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: What are...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
OFOtCN- As I have stated in other threads, I believe it is the most perfect piece of lit ever written. It has helped me inspect our society and the American Dream. Has a profound impact on me as a writer. I can read this book over and over again. There are very few pieces of art that have given me more enjoyment. I think I like this novel more than most people

[/ QUOTE ]

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is definitely on my list, the other definite is Moneyball. I will extrapolate tomorrow and think about a third but I am tired now (spent all day finishing 1984).

On 1984/Orwell: Am I the only one who thinks he's a fantastic writer, but isn't very original? The two books of his that I know, Animal Farm and 1984, are both not his ideas. Animal Farm is based upon the whole early soviet russia deal (I need to reread this) and 1984 has pretty much all the same themes as this book (not a paticularly good read btw). I thouroughly enjoyed both Animal Farm and 1984, but they aren't paticular ly creative.

Tomorrow I get to begin my re-read of OFOTCN.

Also, I plan on reading 1 book per week outside of schoolwork this upcoming year, and will definitely read lots of Vonnegut. I read his book "Timequake" but don't remember it. I'll look into Kerouac as well, but as I'm still kind of a reading n00b and I've heard that On The Road is a tough read, I might delay that.