View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Critique pls...AQ in big pot

Honestly not sure how I should have played this. Anyone bet flop? Fold turn? Raise river? Why? Playing Party 5/10.

In UTG, I open-raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. New to table MP calls two cold. Tight MP2 3-bets and super-LAG OTB calls 3-cold. Blinds fold. Far from excited about my hand, I call, as does MP.

The flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, planning to learn from the action behind. If all hell breaks loose, I'll fold, but I'll likely call one bet for backdoor value alone. MP checks, the PF 3-bettor bets and the button calls. Now getting some 15:1, this is an easy call for me. MP calls as well.

The turn is the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I now have a one-card gutshot to go with my overcards. Counting outs is very tough here. Red jacks aren't clean. Even black jacks lose to KQ or possibly split the pot. My overcards need to be heavily discounted (a Q on the river makes a straight for any J AND the tight 3-bettor could easily have KK or AA). Do my overcards have ANY value here?

I check, MP checks, PF 3-bettor bets, button calls. I'm getting some 11:1. Good enough? I call and MP calls.

Bingo, the river delivers the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, MP checks, PF 3-bettor bets, button calls, I call (?), MP calls.