View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Balancing poker, social life, and career goals (long but please read)

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like by just being carefree and partying i'm giving up a great opportunity

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, i would say the exact opposite is true [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You have the rest of your life to play poker, i had such a blast in college that if i were to go back and give up any part of it to play 5-10 on partypoker, well that's just a highly depressing thought. If you think that social opportunities and friends come along as easily as they do in college, you better smarten up fast b/c your whole life is going to be a mess w/ no friends, romances, social outlets and fun.
When you get out of college, you work. And unless you plan on flipping burgers (or giving it a go in Vegas) that usually means 40+ hours a week. All of a sudden there are no parties...uh oh...your friends move away...oh boy... and then bam! wife and kids...oh [censored].
You have the rest of your life to make money and pay bills and all that garbage, there is absoltely no reason to start earlier than expected. Do yourself a favor and turn off your computer for a week (try giving your power strip to a buddy or something) and get drunk and meet some loose women before it's too late.
Of course that's just my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]