View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Stud hi hand

Haven't read any replies, haven't played any stud lately really [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

3rd is ok though folding would be fine in a lot of situations. If you thought the bring in was likely to call you could consider reraising (I wouldn't do this much but would rather raise here than on 4th in general).

4th I think diamonds are too dead for your raise to look very scary, and I would think that seat 8 is pretty likely to either have a hand which he will fold for 1 bet, or a hand that will call two bets (knowing that the game plays tricky and aggressive, people don't tend to let things go too easily in these situations). I don't like the raise.

5th I'd be tempted to just fold IF you hadn't made the pot pretty big. As is I think it's a call.

6th I'd raise right away to charge seat 8 who is probably drawing to SOMETHING, possibly even drawing dead or mostly dead, but is more likely to call a raise here than on the river. If you get three bet here I think I just call.

7th I'd raise once but not cap. The raise is a little better than it otherwise looks because the pot is a little bigger than normal, meaning people will call with slightly weaker hands. Still looks to me like you'd get more of seat 8s nearly dead money if you had raised on 6th (or maybe knocked out someone with outs).