View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Ooops I missed. Line check?

Do you really have no read on his preflop open-limp? You told us a little about the guy, but knowing what you think he open-limps with would help a lot.

I think it is odd that you did not raise preflop. Perhaps you read his play as a trap and didn't want to get raised off your hand. However, if he's trapping you, you're often in bad shape when you actually hit the flop, so why not raise preflop to figure things out a little cheaper?

Postflop: Don't overdo it with the double-barrel overcard bluffs OOP, of course, but you have to fire a second barrel sometimes to keep your opponents honest. I believe you have a solid understanding of changing speeds, so I doubt you are overdoing it.

When you do hit the river with a non-flush card, I think you have to fire the third shot unless you *know* the opponent will *always* bet if you check. Even then you should probably fire the third barrel to prevent him from misclicking and checking behind. Seriously, the overcard/straight card is very likely to scare him so you can't let him get away without a value bet if you're confident that you're good (and why wouldn't you be?).

Since you posted this, he probably had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but that doesn't change anything for me. Your top pair has to be beating his flush draw or flopped top pair plenty often to justify betting the river.

Later,
Che