View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Slow Down, You Move Too Fast . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me there are fewer angle shooters around these days, at least in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try playing no limit, especially the fixed buy-in games. It's not so much the angle shooting, but the continuing impropriety, especially the third party speculation regarding what people hold. It's like watching a constant audition for Norman Chad or Mike Sexton's job. But I guess impropriety and good games go hand in hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an exception: hand is head-up and I make trip kings on the turn: I have K-Q and the board is A-K-K-x. I bet first to act and my opponent calls. It is obvious to me and everyone in the cardroom he has an Ace. On the river I intend to bet again and I take the chips in my hand and hold them up waiting for the river card to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly off-topic. Do you think holding your chips as if ready to auto-bet gives away your hand to a certain degree? I realize the fast thinking top-notch players (I'm not fast thinking and second-notch so I don't do this) will give off reverse tells.

~ Rick

PS Once again, good story (sub-story?). You seem more prolific (and a better writer) than Stephen King these days.