View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Oy.... I\'m going to get so pwned for this... Costa Rica Questions

Theres a few sites u cant play at if u have a CR ip only one i can remember is pokerroom. The only big sites down here are Stars and paradise and absolute, and u can play at all of them even with a CR ip . You should download all the sites you want to play at and create accounts before coming here as some will not let u register with a CR address.

Theres 2 options for high speed internet ICE which is ADSL and AMNET which is cable. Amnet sucks ass and is very unstable , ICE adsl is decent but nothing like the dsl u are used to, its much slower but u can pay more for higher bandwith. Basic price is 28$ per month and will take a week at least to get installed if u have a phone line, if not u are looking at 20 days.

Live games are pretty crap theres only one place to play and
games are irregular anywhere from 50c/1$ nl he to 25/50nl he usually only 1 or 2 tables, nightly tourneys tho which get a decent turnout.

Rent is pretty cheap im paying 400$ for a 2 bedroom in an upscale neighborhood, and there is alot available. As a us or canadian citizen u must leave CR every 3 months for 72 hours before u can come back but i stayed for a year and never had a problem.