View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Favorite comments from the Bush press conference

IrishHand,

Did anyone notice that president Bush looked at the podium and read the reporters name, and read the answer back? It visually appeared to me that he already knew the questions that were going to be asked. Futhermore, no one asked him any hard hitting questions that would even make him look the least bit surprised.

But, the part that really bothered me is how he used religion to support his views. I guess it's no surprise that the middle east views him as a middle ages Christian crusader. I see the misuse of religion in this case to be similar to the method that Bin Ladin used. It was used to stir up the emotions of people to reinforce his view. I believe this is the wrong way to go about convincing Americans concerning his view. Actually, I perfer the method the UK used in stressing each of the UN resolutions. I think the UK method was superior. The US method makes us look like dummies to the rest of the world.

Anyway, guys, let's face it. The war is going to happen.
The only possible way for Iraq to get out of this war is for them to turnover all the weapons of mass distruction that the US gave him during the '80's, and I don't think Iraq could do it, or for the so called "dirty 40" to leave Iraq.

Flames away! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Mark