View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: notre dame-racial issues & their future

[ QUOTE ]
The big problem I have is the difference between the two teams. When Willingham started 8-0 that team was completely different than this 5-2 Charlie Weis team.

That team had a great defense (that was built and recruited by Bob Davie). As a matter of fact Willingham didn't even hire a new defensive coaching staff. The offense was anemic and they won games by getting turnovers and not turning the ball over. And Willingham was considered an offensive guru.

This Charlie Weis coached Notre Dame team is different. He took a team that had the same talent last year and turned them from a poor ofensive team to one of the best in the country. Which is really impressive. Considering this years Notre Dame team is lacking the athletes that Tyrone Willingham had in his first year.

Notre Dame could have waited until they saw Weis recruit. Of course if you are a stud High School Quarterback tell me you are not knocking down the door at ND. Weis made Brady Quinn from a undrafted rookie to a possible first round draft pick in a year. But I think this really just a recruiting tool to prove to all recruits that Weis isn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I just bumped an older post before reading this one where I said about the same thing.

Ty was given a good team to start with, which he ruined. Weis is winning with basically the same team that sucked last year.