Thread: Keg Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Keg Suggestions

I've got a two-keg kegerator and just polished off a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I get the feeling the other keg - Shiner Bock - isn't far behind, so I'm taking suggestions for one or both.

I'm a hop head. The Sierra Pale was good, but if I was just buying bottles I'd much prefer Stone IPA or Ruination over that. Kegged, the best I can do here is Sierra. I also love hefeweizens and am thinking about trying to get a keg of Weihenstephaner, if I can get it. If not, I'm also considering Spaten Pils or a similar beer.

So, given my tastes - hops or good German beers, preferably weizens - suggest a keg or two. Cost isn't much of a factor, and certainly much less of an obstacle as availability. Also, if I'm getting a German brew, I'll almost definitely have to get a new part to tap it. The cost isn't a big deal, but if the second keg runs out before it gets here, I'll probably just run out and get a keg of a domestic, so that might affect any combo pairings you have in mind.

As a last note, does anyone have any experience try to get a seasonal keg from breweries? I love Sierra's Summer brew, but I don't know if I can just ask the distributor to get a keg of it.