View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: was i wrong here?

i like this push a lot. while you couldnt have known that the SB was holding a pocket pair it puts him in the situation where he would have been all in against 2 other people and most likely 4 over cards (or three if he is sure you both share an ace) or even a bigger pocket pair. however considering the situation with the chip stacks i'm surprised the SB didnt make the call and i would be interested in his logic behind not calling. 3.4k stack and he called the big blind for about 1/5th of his stack leaving him with 2800 in chips to your 11k if you win or to your 8k and the other players 2k. obviously he is going to have to push his stack and get lucky within the next few hands just to survive anyway so why not make the call and try and get his chips in there with what is likely the best hand he is going to see before he goes broke. that is unless he was confident that he could outplay you being a 5 to 1 underdog in chips and about 3 rounds of blinds before he goes broke. personally i would have just made the gamble if i was him because even if he and the player on the button both lose to you he still gets second place which you said he seemed to be playing for anyway.