Thread: Smoking Weed
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: results

I would say that marijuana IS a gateway drug, much more so than alcohol. No one really thinks of alcohol as a drug and even if you did, it's legal and something that the greater portion of people in this world enjoy in some form or another. I doubt very few people began drinking and then thought to themselves "Hey, now that I've gotten drunk X amount of times I should go try some illegal drugs and see how they work out."

First of all, getting into marijuana will probably make you more receptive to the idea of doing other drugs. You've done one illegal drug, why not another? If you started smoking weed then you're probably the explorative type. Peer pressure may also play a bit of a role. Finally, whoever you buy weed from probably has access to many other types of drugs and continuously hearing about them may just wear on you to the point where you figure you have to try this stuff to see what everyone likes about it.

I got into weed and a few months later did shrooms for my first time. I've also done E once. That's the extent of my drug useage past weed. I doubt I would have done those if I never did weed, and I very seriously doubt there was any connection at all to alcohol.