View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: The Protected Pot Effect: A Study from 2/4

I haven't read the other responses, but I'm interested in what we're putting EP on here. On the flop, he's betting into the raiser on his left, presumably hoping he'll raise and thin the field. Maybe that's assuming too much thought from this opponent.

I just can't see any hand with a 2 in it that is betting the flop into the raiser. He more likely has a weak K and is bluffing at the board pair on the end. MP is having trouble getting away from his QQ. Is that close?

That's all hindsight analysis, and I'm not sure I have the presence of mind to think like that during the play of the hand. More likely, I wince, make the crying call, and am surprised when I'm good here more often than I think.

EDIT: I forgot this was about a protected pot, and I didn't address it. I said EP was *bluffing*, though I guess that's less likely with this multi way pot on the end. But it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities in a 2/4 game. I just can't put him on a hand here, and the weak K is still my best guess.