View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Getting into Battles Too Early On? Interesting Hand & Analysis

[ QUOTE ]
I would tend to CR this flop or check/call it more than I would bet it, but betting's OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about CRing a pot on the flop where I will be OOP with a VERY vulnerable hand if I get called feels risky. How do you follow up the CR given the turn card that came and assuming I was called by both players?

[ QUOTE ]
Turn ace. This card is either somewhat good for you or really bad for you, and either way, you should check. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of. I'm thinking that I can gain information cheaper than by betting out 250 here by checking and seeing the action. Also, I'm learning that when the hand that beat me might be a monster, check/calling will often keep your entire stack from getting in the middle (whereas betting out shows you have something strong and indicates to your opponent that he can push you all in and get called). But aren't you sick if it gets checked here and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls on the river? Perhaps you can elaborate why you advocate a check on the turn.