View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Post your pre-game routine

I also get on the waiting lists with the largest average pots (although they change enough that I'm likely wasting my time), but I avoid overlap by joining all numbered tables on Empire and named tables on another skin.

When a table pops up I first look at where the open seats are, because I like the ends. After that I look at stack sizes and only sit if there are a few people with well under the default buyin. I never sit if several people are significantly above the default buyin.

It will usually take a little while to get a couple of tables lined up, so I go back and get on some more lists and do it again. I leave a spot (or more) open for inspecting new tables, in case one comes along that looks way better than my current ones. I stay at tables way longer than a lot of people seem to, but once I see a couple of no flop hands go by I'm ready to move on.

I don't worry too much about paying blinds, and will post if I'm in late position rather than wait for my BB, so I definitely don't sit out and wait to be seated at all the tables before I start playing.

I don't use a HUD and would rather not know if I'm up or down while playing, so I don't start PT until afterwards. My pre-game is putting the kids to bed and finding something my wife and I both like on the Tivo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Martin