View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: I NEVER know what to do here...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the fold PFers...you all weak!

Read the HH...this isnt Party and folding PF isnt always the right answer to everything.

To the poster who said 30% of the time its QQ-AA...no, its less than that...80% of the time its 22-77. (and they play them post flop like pocket aces)

[/ QUOTE ]
What does not being Party have to do with anything? I swy fold preflop because your stack is healthy and you have a hand that is dominated much of the time. I see no reason to risk this here.

[/ QUOTE ]

because if you had 800 in starting chips you may want to conserve them and pass on marginal plays. 1500 to start gives you some leeway. People are so afraid of UTG minraisers when most of the time, it is really just a marginal hand raising its value...the minimum. And also trying to play against the blinds. On a flop, you can get an idea right away more or less whats going on, and the times I am right yield me more money than the times I am wrong and/or have to get away.

I am not offering advice on how to play this hand down...only saying that typing "fold pf" getting 5-1 with A9 and closing the action is not something I would think of saying. I really believe at stars, HERO will have two overs most of the time here, and it wont cost him his stack to find out usually.

If on this hand it turned out Hero was dominated or UTG had a monster...then I apologize ....doesnt make the pf call bad.

(deja vu...ive made this post before...I am sure of it)