View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Pruitt\'s article on bluffing

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty standard call in the 10/20 SH games, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying anything to the contrary at all. But you do realize that B&M mid-stakes games (especially in Vegas) play nothing at all like Party 6max games, right? I play Party 6max games for a living, and would not have played the hand this way if it were there.

[ QUOTE ]
Beyond this, the author's read distinctly left open the possibility of hands like AQ or a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right, because when analyzing whether or not a play like this is correct, you need to take into account all possible hands, and weigh their liklihood. He would play QQ and TT the same way here as AA, but AA is much more likely, given the board. And some other hands still beat me as well (QT, 22), they are less likely than an overpair because he's not as likely to 3-bet them preflop.

There will be times when I run this bluff and run into AQ or TT or something like that. And there will be times I run this bluff and AA calls the river. But, that fine. This doesn't need to work all the time in order to be profitable.

I'm not recommending you make this play in your 10-20 6max games. I'm not even recommending you make this play against 95% of the people who play in the Wynn's 15-30 game. I am recommending that you look out for players whom you can make these kinds of plays against. They exist, and not recognizing them costs you money.

BTW, in case it's not overly clear, I am the author of this article.