View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: I\'m playing a 480xBB pot with AA, 100NL deep

Here's my thinking through the hand:

Pre-flop I didn't want to make it too easy for him to read my hand which is why I called. I think he knows I don't need a premium hand to call his 3-bets and I can use this to my advantage because my read tells me his handrange is a lot narrower than he thinks mine is.

The flop looked pretty innocent even though TT is a hand he could have. My original plan was to either raise the flop or the turn and since he was so eager into putting money in the pot I decided to wait and let the pot grow, making it harder for him to get away. Like I said, he was really aggressive post-flop, like a steamroller, so getting money in the pot was not a problem.

The turn card was not as pretty as I was hoping for. One of the two most likely hands he could have had just made a set so I started thinking this as a WA/WB situation. I almost raised but then thought he might get away from KK if I did, so I just called.

If my original read was right, the river was a good card for me, because it made it less likely for Villain to have QQ. I was a tad worried about AQ but my gut told me this was not part of his handrange. I called expecting to see either TT or KK.

Makes sense?