View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Should I go back to school?

Go back to school when you are ready to go back to school and are ready to benefit from it.

I didn't go to college right away after high school--I wasn't ready. I spent some time in the military and then later I took my shot at fulfilling my life-long dream of being a professional fighter. My professional kick-boxing career was short-lived (ouch!) and it was then I decided to go back to school. It was a good thing for me to go to school a few years later. I went when I wanted to and was enthused about going. I got a lot more out of it than I would have had I gone because it was "the right thing to do." Even though I didn't do great in high school, by delaying college until I was enthused about going, I wound up getting a better education and enjoying it at the same time. I spent two years getting good grades in a community college followed by attending and graduating Stanford University. I'm glad I waited--it allowed me to get a great education that I could not have possibly received earlier.

Good Luck to ya!