View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Implied odds and probability question

I have been playing loose ring games lately and made a few playing adjustments to compensate for the enourmous implied odds. The first is that I buy in with a full stack, the second is that I will limp in with suited connectors (even non suited connecors and any suited ace or king from around back) The third is that I give significantly less value to hands like AK becuase with 5 callers there is just too much risk someone will flop two pair, trips, strait etc. Also, thses hands are hard to play after the flop even when an A or K hits for the above mentioned reasons.
So I guess my first question is is this the right strategy. My second (and most important) question is what are the odds of hitting an open ended starit draw, or a flush draw, or trips or better with a hand like JTs. I have looked everywhere and only been able to find the odds of individual events like the odds of hitting the OESD or the FD but I cant find the odds of hitting anyone of these hands or better (Trips FH etc.)
My final question is with these hands (JTs) what kind of implied odds do you need, ie.) if it costs .50 to limp in how much do you need to be making with these hands when you hit them to make them profitable.
Any info or place where i could find the info would be greatly appreciated.