View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: SOOT: no comments in 3 hrs from the mtt forum, ur comments?

[ QUOTE ]

Edit (Posted it too soon): I think his flop raise signals a queen or even a boat that wants to raise, but is scared of betting too much and losing your action. Once you call, villain feels you like your hand, and increases his bet size hoping to get paid off with a big hand. I think his range is something around, {AQ,KQ} at this point if he is a thinking player, as smaller queens would slow down a little after being called on the flop, and KK/QQ would have reraised preflop. If he is a donk, the range could expand to {Qx where x>=9} which you are still behind. Tough break getting aces cracked, but cut your losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's far too often that we give our opponents credit for more than what they really have. My feelings are that monsters in this situation are check/call on the flop, and then check/min-raise on the turn. So I think our villain has KQ here 0% of the time.

Now let's put this from villain's point of view. He's also gambling that hero does not have a Queen, so can he scare him off the hand? But, maybe he does have a queen, and he's a little scared about the draws, so he wants to shut it down right away.