View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Getting tired of being white (7/11 trip report)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Trust me when I say that the guys I hung out with wouldnt have given a flying [censored] about someone saying brother to them, esp. in a situation like the OP. If you arent black yourself, then I am quite sure I have a better idea of a black guy's POV than you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

the key word is 'the guys I HUNG OUT WITH'

they are your friends. you could go up to one and say "i stuck it in your mom's pooper last night". they'd take it as a joke and laugh, either that or just not care. the reason you can call them 'brotha' is because you know them as friends and can say what you please.

however, you can't go around saying just anything to strangers. many people would take that as offensive and find it to be disrespectful. you base your experience off calling other black people 'brotha' from refering to your friends in that manner. but do you/habe you really gone around speaking that way to totally random poeple?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu really are dumb. I am telling you that I hung out with these guys and they wouldnt have cared about someone calling them brother..Im not just talking about what I said to them. And for the record, Ive called people of all ethnicities brother and never had anyone react negatively. Really, I am done with this discussion, because you are obviously an oversensitive assclown and people like you are bad for my blood pressure. As Antny was ssaying, the most patronizing thing you can do is act like you can only talk a certain way around someone because of the color of their skin. I doubt you are going to be able to grasp that concept.

PS 'the guys I hung out with' is not a key word. Do you see why?