View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 04:30 PM

Default results/thoughts

wow justin you tricked schneids!

he had Td9d. when i check the river he is forced to bet with any hand i beat, but check with a lot of hands i dont beat. so i felt the check-call was the play on the river.

of course i had to play fairly randomly to get to that point. on the flop i knew a c/r was best but since he had been playing back a lot i decided to just call and see more cards come off. im definitely not dumping K high there and pairing my 6 could be good too.

the turn bet was in order of importance: a probing bet, a bet for value, and a semibluff. it's the most interesting part of the hand. when he doesnt raise the turn i find out if my 6 is a good out if he's A high or paired, and that my K high might be good. remember im calling a bet anyway so this bet doesnt hurt me. it's not like i have KTo, i have the flush draw. i put semibluff as last because he's rarely folding A high here, and never folding a pair.

clearly from an ftop perspective his play was to raise the turn here with his superdraw, but that means he has to fire the river too, and count on me not having top or middle pair, which the flat call flop, donk bet turn seems to indicate. so the random nature of my preflop and flop smooth calls ended up tricking him into misplaying the endgame.

oh it should be noted that all of this analysis is in hindsight, in the heat of battle in this hand i was barely thinking until the river came and i realised he was trapped into betting some hands that missed and checking some hands that beat me. the rest was just random spewage that looks now in analysis to be accidentally correct. to my credit i may have been playing good from my subconcious, if i could spell that right now..

fun hand and one of the few where i beat justin fair and square.