View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Big pot with TPTK

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a smaller stack it seems like players doesn't recognize you as a good player as when you have a big stack. I think I have been getting more calls on my big hands when I have played with a smaller stack

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there is something to be said about this; when I'm sitting on top of 300B I've been noticing that people tend to give me much more respect.

[ QUOTE ]
When I started playing NL i played KQo, KJo, KTo, ATo and such hands alot more than I do now. I guess they are mainly good limit hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed - I never played Limit, but while trying to learn it I used SSHE (a limit book) - biiiig mistake. I only tend to play King-broadway hands for a button raise (limpers or no). I will open with ATo but fold to a rase UTG, and reraise with AJo if there are no callers if I have position on PFR. If my button is limped to I am raising with A6o+ to scoop all the limpers and blinds; if I'm called (not often it seems) and an A flops and my cbet gets called, its usually check/fold with weak aces. I think it's +EV.

Back on topic:
[ QUOTE ]
Another option with these stack sizes is to checkraise all-in on the turn, although I don't know if typical players in this game are aggressive enough to make this your best move.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm never purposefully putting my stack in with TPTK without a damn good read that villain is either drawing or calling down with a worse kicker. I don't often have enough information here. I think only worse hands are calling this move.

To the OP: I also like to get only two value bets in with TPTK. I'm check/calling that turn almost every time, be it a continuation bet that improved on the turn to TPTK or otherwise, without a good read that villain is drawing. I think checking the turn makes it easier to control pot size then value betting turn and checking the river. Most villains will take a free card on the turn if they are on the draw. I think it was played fine though. I guess you have to pay him off for only 2/3 pot.