View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Negreanu now vs. 8 months ago... sad times.

Someone made this post in a forum at Daniel's site:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...ic.php?t=10641

"Daniel described an amateur player at his table as "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player", but it turns out she may not have been lucky after all, and Daniel may have been the one being exploited.

Everyone knows Daniel loves to see a flop cheaply with small cards...especially suited connectors.

This "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player" noticed that Daniel's standard raise was 2.5 x BB. When she was in the BB and Daniel raised this amount, she would call with almost anything. If a large card card hit the flop, she'd bet out. Daniel folded to this numerous times. So while Daniel thinks the flop is constantly hitting her and she's just being lucky, she's actually exploiting one of his known tendencies. This was probably what led Tom McEvoy to comment "She's been slapping us around all day, especially Daniel."

Maybe Daniel should give amateurs more credit."

If this is true, it wouldn't only be interesting, but hilarious.

Don't the pros realize the more they're on TV and the more they write about their game and their thought process, that some of us might get a clue as to how to play against them?

Nope, if an amateur is constantly playing back at them and taking pots, it can only be because they are "lucky".

Would love to see Daniel respond to this post, but won't hold my breath.