View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: couple hands from tonight

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 1, I knew who the button was so when he capped preflop I thought there was a pretty narrow range, probably something like AA-TT, AK, AQs and maybe KQs, but probably not.

I think it would be interesting when evaluating this hand to look at it from my (SB) perspective as well.

If you are the small blind, what is your flop play here with AA/QQ, AK, AQ, and 99?

If you check/call the flop what is your turn play with these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what to do with AK if I am you. Vs my capping range you are more than likely screwed on the flop. Best case is Ive got AK as well, worst case you are drawing very near dead or to 3 outs. But its really hard because there is 17sb in the pot, so it feels weak folding 2 overs.

Im not capping KQs or TT here prolly (tho I prolly should with TT), so you are looking at

JJ: 6 combos
QQ: 3 combos
KK: 3 combos
AA: 3 combos
AK: 4 combos
AQs: (cant remember what A u had) 2 combos?

if my mental math is correct that gives you like 2.5 outs when you are behind, and 4 outs to a split pot if we assume I have AK as well and we are behind to one of the 3 limpers, but given reverse implied odds, a flush draw (tainted outs), and the small possibility of reverse domination from the limpers, I dunno if this is a call or not. Also I dunno, a raise may be better, as it could help us split the times I have AK as well (20%), or get me to possibly fold JJ, but thats prolly spewing.

anyway, im rambling, I prolly fold unless I have one of the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s, in which case I peel. Course if you throw TT into the mix, you have more outs so a peel is prolly beter, and honestly if I had the Ad in that case, I think a c/r would prolly be much better than a call.

with the other hands I think its a toss up between bet 3bet, and c/r. I prolly bet/3 bet AA, and c/r KK and QQ. KK so I can maybe keep a lone limper ace from calling correctly, and QQ cuz if you cap my 3 bet I can c/r the turn. with 99 I prolly call the flop and c/f turn. AQ is tough, I think I prolly bet and just call down if I get raised.