View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Best Atari 2600 (the old VCS system) game...

Inspired by the SNES thread...

I remember "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - you needed both joysticks to play a one player game -

it took me a month - the manual deliberately left out certain stuff - (like where to find the headpiece for the Staff of Ra) and what it was and what a map room looked like, and you spent a lot of time with various items in rooms figuring out what they did.

I was a SMART VG'er as a kid - wrapped around scores on Atari games all the time, but it took me a friggen month to beat that game.

Anyone remember the old Atari's? - I know I'm old school, but come on.

If you are on a date with a similar girl of similar geek tastes/styles, it's amazing how much fun you can have with a MAME arcade box and the X-arcade controller - even the most terrible date looks better when the girl can play her favorite video game non-stop head to head and crush your ass - [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways - my last ex-gf liked Combat - (her and her bro. played it ALL the time growing up - the tank simulations) - Favorite Atari games?

Special nod to Pokerplus, where I learned how to really play 5 card stud and blackjack - LOL - the difficulty level exposed one hole card or blocked it - I should drag it out on the emulator when I get home - see if I'm getting better then when I was a kid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RB