View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Batman Begins II - The Villian?

depends...

I really thought the first 4 batman movies essentially sucked dogballs anyways...

There is an incredible amount of literature dedicated to Batman's refusal or doubts about killing the Joker - it's not some half hearted - "meh, let's just kill him" - even in The Dark Knights Returns, he stops short, and just breaks his neck, paralyzing him for the rest of his life - (the Joker managed to twist what was left and break his own spine...)

There is another great story where the Joker nearly kills Batman, who is presumed drowned and vanished - the Joker actually gets some flesh colored makeup and tries to rejoin regular society and meets a nice girl and everything - his psychosis was triggered in part BY Batman.

in fact, part of the only reason Batman really functions in Gothom is that he isn't an out and out murderer - kill one guy and suddenly your helpful vigilante becomes a nightmare and a police problem. And the playoff between him and Joker are generally the best stories in the canon.

So anything that can remake that hideous reject of a first Batman/Joker confrontation, esp. with the new focus on the character, not the comic book, is a-ok to me.

Jesus, it's 2am in Vegas - why the hell am I wasting my time on you bums....LOL - Later

RB