View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: SB 77 flops set in big, multiway pot...I try to protect

I think we can count on the PFR to bet when it's checked to him far more than we can count on him to raise when it's bet to him. And this is exactly the kind of flop that someone is going to call "BS" on his autobet and raise, allowing you to check/3-bet pretty often.

When that happens, you get the double effect of facing any EP players who checked with 3 cold, and facing the PFR and anyone who called before the raise with 2 additional bets, after already getting 1 apiece out of them.

If it doesn't happen, you still c/r and get more money in the pot with a friggin' huge equity advantage over any hand that anyone is holding.

BTW, even though the pot is seven-handed, you have to discount the scare factor for the PFR heavily, because 4 of the players only paid 1 extra bet apiece to get in after the raise (and Hero got a 1/2 bet discount out of the SB). I feel pretty safe in saying that 100% of the time that he wouldn't autobet the flop, he wouldn't raise your bet either (and will actually fold fairly often).