View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:01 PM

Default SB 77 flops set in big, multiway pot...I try to protect

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

<font color="blue">MP1 was 26/16/1.6 after just 31 hands. Rest of table was a pretty typical Party mix.

Edit: Is this even a time I should think about protecting? I'm most vulnerable to flush draws, and there's nothing I can do to get rid of them.

</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">These guys are still getting 9:1, so this doesn't protect me against much more than a gutshot...and with implied odds, I'm sure it's close enough. Still worth a shot? Or is this one of those times when the pot is too big for this to help me? Not knowing that MP1 was going to 3-bet and help me thin the field, would I have been better served to check raise a safe turn instead of the flop? In that scenario, assuming MP1 bet the turn again, I would have been giving BB and UTG 6.75:1 at best on the turn, right?

It also occurs to me that I could have tried donking the flop, hoping MP1 would raise.</font>

Turn: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB