View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Maybe I was a bit harsh, maybe not

And this means what, exactly? You were throwing away chips to advertise? You didn't care about being chip leader? You were so much better than the rest of the table that you could play Phil Hellmuth

1. No 2. Not at that point 3. LOL Hell no.

Okay- you didn't have anything to play for? you were just screwing around blowing off some time until a real game came up? You were so bored that you didn't care about any of those details, except telling us about this pointless hand (worse than pointless, since it was T160 worth of story)?

Umm, sorry. I have only a couple of months experience and, as such, had no reason to think that it was pointless. I haven't experienced every possible situation yet.

3. I hardly ever play Omaha in any form probably a good.... nah, forget it.

Absolutely TRUE...no question.

Cards are simply a way for me to relax and meet interesting characters. I'm not interesting?

Maybe the most fun I have had on the forum yet.

I got dealt quad Aces in Omaha/8 freeroll tourney- what are the odds?" and maybe the waste of time would be consummate with the value.

Once again. Sorry, didn't realize that this was a "value added" Forum.

ANOTHER amazingly accurate analysis! Anally alliterate also! oh, and obviously you haven't met too many of the players who call themselves real "pros" that are out there..

Nope, can't say that I have. Once again though, I am pretty new to the scene. Give me some time, I will catch on to all the subleties of the society.

By the way, how DID you do in this tournament?

Honestly, no freaking clue. Busted out pretty early though. I have a tendency to look at Omaha cards as a number of combinations of Hold em cards. A common fallacy of the new player I understand. Hopefully I will get over that tendency soon so I can learn the game correctly. I do enjoy it.

Ok, now that we have hashed this all out. What does it all mean? Not much huh? I will have to disagree with one final point you make. I still think that this game in all it's forms should be fun. If it isn't fun, if it's all about pot odds and probability, then is it really worth the 1.5 BB's per hour? Wouldn't spending time with friends and family be more worthwhile in the long run?

Poker was intended to be a SOCIAL game. Interaction between competitors was paramount. Many mergers and deals, both business and political, have been made across a poker table. I think we have corrupted it to the point where it's about calculators and "Grouped" hands. How sad. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree. I have enjoyed the repartee and I am sure we will probably joust again. Obviously I will never make any "real" money at this game. I enjoy it too much.

Stage Left [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]