View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Party Poker SNG\'s

Yesterday I decided to try my hand at omaha hi/low. I sat down firstly at a $30+3 pot limit omaha multi, got knocked out around 60th place out of 230 odd. Then I played in a $10+1 pl stt and got knocked out in 6th place.

I found out that I am really rubbish at Omaha, but this didnt matter to me, I could easily afford the buy ins and it was something different and because i didnt expect to win it was some of the most fun I've had playing poker for a while.

I have never really understood this attitude towards poker before. My friends are always asking me to play a home game with them but I have never said yes as I know they are begginers and they would have a happy-go-lucky attitude towards it whereas I'm afraid I would come accross as some crazy freek to them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Anyway I usually play $10+1 nl holdem stt online and make a good profit now, but I dread to think of what I was like when I was learning, I remember my friend trying to teach me he was like "47os throw it away" and I was like "but it can make a straight!" Although after a long while, I knew that I was a poor player, I enjoyed the game and was constantly trying to improve (as I still am) so being bad didnt bother me so much. Yesterday I also knew I was playing terrible at the Omaha tables but I was enjoying myself so I didn't care.

Any way my point is, in regard to these fishes we love, yesterday I was conscious of what it was like to be one and I think they deserve more respect than:

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that amazes me is that people pay their hard earned money to play these and they're complete idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many reasons that people pay there hard earned money to play. I think we should respect the fact that they may not know what they are doing at the table but they probably do know what they are doing regards there own money managment. And they probably do realise that they are learning or simply playing for fun or to pass the time. I think that you should be grateful they play and not ever call them idiots (as you did twice) or laugh at them.

Also I am truly happy that you had a good day but I really hope that you take to heart what the previous posters have said about variance, expect to have some equally awful days and dont play where you cant afford to.

Good Luck.