View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: River bet - value or spewing?

[ QUOTE ]
I’m not sure I like 3rd though. What did you think seat 2 completed with? You probably knew something I don’t know though, given that he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I admit the third street play is really on the edge, and I came real close to folding. Regarding seat 2, my only read was that I have seen him make poor decisions in the past and complete in marginal circumstances. Here he was completing into a live ace and queen. I am not totally sure why, but I thought there was a reasonable chance he was on an ill-advised early steal. So I decided to over-represent my hand in this case, and use his bad decision to put pressure on the ace and queen. Note that the queen had to act first. If he had queens, he has to seriously consider folding given what the two maniacs in front of him just did, and that a live ace has yet to act. So I thought that I might only be in real trouble if the ace had another one to go with his door.

If either the ace or queen raised, then I was going to fold, unless it ended up heads up. On the other hand, if either of them had a small pair with an overcard kicker, I figured the raise would drive them out, and I would be content to play the hand afterwards. I think this hand helped my table image a bit - I got nice action after this when I started with hands like aces or kings.

I agree with the general sentiment on third though - I fold here most of the time.