View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:57 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Interesting Phil Ivey quote

[ QUOTE ]
"If you play a lot of poker, you realize that the better players play a lot of hands and they take chances,'' Ivey says. "The players that don't do as well are just sitting there folding every hand and not taking chances. I'm playing against the best players in the world day in and day out, so you can't just sit there and play only good hands all the time. You've got to take some chances and know when you're beat and know how to get certain advantages."

He said this in an article on espn.com where he discusses how he finds the ultra-high stakes $4k-$8k cash game at the Bellagio more fun and rewarding than tournaments.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker...amp;id=2252232

I realize he's referring to a game that's very different from the 1/2 game at Party, but still...it was a surprising quote to me. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that suprising. I'm guessing the pool of players at that level is rather small so you're playing against many of the same players alot. Lower levels, especially online, there's a huge turnover so you don't have to worry as much about changing it up.

b